thank you cookies

Luke's boss (Ryan) and his wife gave us a huge tub of clothes for Kurt.  We finally got around to sorting through it and we found a ton of nice stuff for our little toddler.  I got two loads of laundry washed, dried, and folded.  They've yet to be put away... I just didn't have time for that!  :)  Anyway, we're so thankful for the hand-me-downs that I baked a batch of cookies for Luke's boss.  The cookies aren't one bit healthy, but they are Ryan's favorite so I knew they wouldn't go to waste.  The batch made just enough so that Luke, Kurt, and I could each have one.  They are so yummy!  Here's what you'll need to get started:

1 box of devil's food cake
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil

Mix the above three ingredients together.  The dough will be thick.  Arrange tablespoon size balls of dough on a cookie sheet.  Then, bake them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.  This recipe makes roughly 30 cookies.

While they're baking, make the filling using a mixer:

1 8-ounce package cream cheese (softened)
1/4 c. butter (softened)
1 t. vanilla extract
2 c. powdered sugar

Once the filling is made and the cookies have cooled, you can begin filling the cookies.  Eat 'em or refrigerate (I of course recommend eating)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment