Going from one baby to two babies was much easier than going from none to one. None the less, finding the balance as a family of four has had it's challenges as well. I must say though that life is much sweeter as a family of four. Yes, our tiny family of three was pretty sweet before, but another little babe has added a different kind of sweetness to the mix. The kind of sweetness you feel when you see a little toddler doting over his newborn sister. It's the love I tell you. Just as naturally as we fell in love with Natalie so did Kurt. Upon the faintest cry from her little lips, Kurt shouts, "Baby" and runs to check on her. Of course, he has had an extra meltdown or two (or three), but I don't blame him. He has had to become more patient overnight. That's a lot to ask of a 21-month old! Thankfully, it's nothing a little one-on-one time can't fix. :) I have roughly a month left of maternity leave and I'm enjoying, appreciating, and savoring all the one-on-one time I get with my family - challenges and all.





0 comments:
Post a Comment