Blackberry Jam

My mother-in-law was so generous when she sent Luke home last Tuesday with a huge box stuffed full of onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, basil, blackberries, potatoes, and more!  We knew we weren’t going to be able to eat it all, so we canned cucumbers and blackberries.  We also chopped up the green peppers and froze them.  Since I am just in love with the blackberry jam, I’ve posted my easy recipe for those canners out there!

2 cups smashed blackberries
2 packets True Lemon
2 Tbsp + ¾ tsp Ball RealFruit Classic Pectin (I used slightly less and it worked just fine)
2 cups sugar

First, prepare your waterbath canner, 3 half pint (8 oz) jars, lids, and rings.  Once you’re done with that, place the blackberries, lemon, and pectin in a 2-quart saucepan and bring the contents to a boil, stirring occasionally.  Add the sugar and then boil for another 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and ladle into clean jars leaving ¼ inch headspace.  Put the lids on and tighten the rings.  Place the jars into the waterbath canner for 10 minutes.  Cool on a towel for about 12 hours.  Yum...

0 comments:

Post a Comment